Make a Difference, Volunteer Today!
Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School is always looking for new people to join our growing team. If you want to help us make a difference, apply for one of our volunteer openings today:
1.Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School is seeking Members for Its Board of Directors
The Board of Directors supports the work of Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School by providing leadership and strategic governance as well as hands on participation in program administration and fundraising events. Board members are expected to attend monthly Board meetings and participate in Committees such as Publicity, Programs, Fundraising, Administration, etc. The day-to-day operations are undertaken by the President of the Board of Directors with the support of a dedicated team of Board Members.
Please submit a letter of interest highlighting why you would like to become involved with Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School, along with a current resume.
Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School is dedicated to enhancing the education offered to Kenyan and Canadian children through interrelated programs designed to advance the quality of educational settings in Kenyan primary schools.
Our work can be broken down into three main facets:
1. Continuous operation of our primary programs.
2. Continuous involvement with our local community focused in our schools.
3. Periodic events which we run to promote awareness of our organization and raise funds to support the operation of our programs.
Our Programs include:
WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) – development and/or improvement of primary school facilities including latrines, water storage and personal hygiene,
Continuing Support – provision of instructional supplies such as textbooks, pencils, notebooks, etc.
Pen Pal Letters – Canadian and Kenyan school children share cultural information and build relationships through the exchange of hand written letters.
For more information, please visit Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School’s website at www.connectingcountries.net or call our office (905)529-9799
Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School
Board of Directors
2. Media Relations Writer
Connecting Countries Adopt-a-School wishes to have its story, programs and accomplishments reach local, national and international readers. To reach this end our growing charitable organization requires a Media Relations Writer.
- Investigate and utilize a variety of press and media sources
- Write articles, website text and blogs that enhance/promote CCAAS
- Collaborate with members of the communication committee
Reports to: Communication Committee Head
Length of Appointment: Immediate availability, 1 year duration, extension by mutual agreement
- Approximately 5 hours per month, variable
- Most communication will be via email
- Fluency with written language
- Refined research skills
- Ability to write succinctly, descriptively and creatively to suit a variety of audiences (age groups, interest areas)
- Honed computer word processing skills
- Understand the concepts of- "Volunteer" and "Not-for-Profits"
- Possess a passion to assist students in Canada and Kenya
3. Graphic Designer
We are looking for a creative and talented graphic artist to help us create rich content for our website, print ads, pamphlets and more.
- Help create digital content for our website and print ads
- Collaborate with team members to improve existing designs and images
Reports to: Web Designer, Communications Committee
Length of Appointment: 1 year, extension by mutual agreement
- Variable depending on current demand for content
- Averages 2-5 hours per week
- Be highly creative.
- Have experience creating digital, professional quality content (web design, posters, ads, logos, etc).
- Be able to have flexible volunteer hours. Often we will need a piece of content created within a fairly short period of time (1 - 2 weeks).
- Be able to work with others. The ability to receive constructive criticism and use it to improve the final product is a must.
- Have the tools needed to create content. For example you must have your own copy of Photoshop, your own tablet, etc. You will complete your work remotely, but in person meetings may be required.